Did not find what you’re looking for? Have a look at the frequently asked questions (FAQ) below or send us an enquiry.
1) What facilities do you have?
Our facilities include
- 2 double rooms: these contain a double bed with linen
- 2 shared rooms: these rooms contain three fully made up single beds and can also be booked as twin room.
- Space for two tents
- A fully equipped kitchen: One oven, two gas hobs, pots and pans, crockery, cutlery and a fridge.
- Shared bathroom facilities: two showers, two toilets
- Comfortable lounge and decks, lots of books and lots of CDs to listen to.
- Due its location the lodge is not suitable for children under 5 years of age.
2) Where are you located?
The Old Slaughterhouse is located near Hector and Granity, 20 minutes north of Westport, 100m up the hillside.
3) How do I make a booking?
For bookings and availability please call us on +64 (0)3 782 8333, or click here to send us a message.
4) Do we have to walk up the hill?
Yes, you do. It will take you about 10 minutes to walk up to the lodge. It is beautiful walking track through the bush and you will enjoy the views when you come up. It is a moderate climb, so please leave your bags at the carpark on the bottom of the hill. We will collect them and take them up for you on the quad bike by arrangement.
5) How do I arrange a pickup for my bags?
Please give us a call (+64 (0) 3 782 8333) when you are about to leave Westport. We should then be able to arrange to meet you at the carpark upon your arrival. Should you not get hold of us at the time you leave Westport – no worries: once you are here, simply leave your bags in the car and make your way up anyways. We can pick them up for you shortly after you have checked in.
6) How much do you charge?
For current pricing see the prices on our website, BBH members receive a discount.
7) How do I pay?
You can only pay cash as we do not have EFTPOS facilities. The nearest bank is in Westport.
8) Where is the nearest supermarket?
The nearest supermarket is in Westport. There you will find New World and Countdown. There is no supermarket in Hector. Please note that Westport is an approximate 20 minutes drive away.
9) Do you have WiFi?
No, sorry. We don’t have WiFi here due to the unique location of the lodge.